Kano State governor, Abdullahi Umar Ganduje has rejected the resignation of his Chief of Staff, Ali Haruna Makoda and two other Commissioners from his cabinet.
A statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary Abba Anwar didn’t give a reason for the rejection of the Commissioners resignation.
Reports say that, since Mr Ganduje gave a 48-hour ultimatum to all political appointees seeking elective positions to resign there has been an exodus of Commissioners serving in his cabinet.
About ten Commandments tendered their resignation letters.
The statement reads: His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Kano State, Dr Abdullahi Umar Ganduje OFR, has approved the resignation of the following Honourable Commissioners:
1. Dr Nasir Yusuf Gawuna as the Honourable Commissioner for Agriculture & Natural Resources
2. Murtala Sule Garo as the Honourable Commissioner for Local Govt and Chieftancy Affairs
3. Ibrahim Ahmad Karaye as the Honourable Commissioner for Culture and Tourism
4. Mahmud Muhammad Santsi as the Honourable Commissioner for Housing & Transport
5. Muntari Ishaq Yakasai as the Honourable Commissioner for Special Duties
6. Musa Ilyas Kwankwaso as the Honourable Commissioner for Rural & Community Development
7. Kabiru Ado Lakwaya as the Honourable Commissioner for Youth & Sports
“The Governor thanks them for their tremendous contributions to the development of the state and wishes them well in all future endeavours. In this respect, the Permanent Secretaries of the affected ministries should take charge immediately.
“However, the Chief of Staff and all other Commissioners are directed to continue carrying out their duties in their respective ministries.” the statement added.